Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Ruby on Rails Developer
Waverley Vietnam is looking for Ruby on Rails engineers to work as members of a development team for an Australian client.
Our Silicon Valley headquarters connects with offices in Los Angeles and Chicago, with development centers in Kharkiv, Lviv, and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Our teams work with major corporations and exciting startups to bring critical projects to life.
For over twenty years Waverley has built a solid reputation delivering exceptional software to the most demanding clients. We’re looking for fearless people ready to take part in building a great company with us.
Are you ready for the next big thing?
About Our Client:
A popular platform based in Australia and providing services to millions of people worldwide.
- Understand and analyse business requirements in order to implement technical solutions
- Write high-quality code and, where appropriate, use Test-Driven Development practices
- Follow development processes and software design principles
- Commit to version control often
- Make small incremental improvements with continuous integration and deployments
- Deploy code to production systems on a regular basis and take responsibility for verifying functionality
- Support production systems
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve outages and issues on the production site while being on-call
- Perform peer review on other team members’ code
- Take initiative and be able to deliver development tasks autonomously
- Manage stakeholder interactions and expectations
- Acquire domain knowledge and an understanding of the company’s business model
- Participate constructively in team meetings and retros
- Actively work towards improving team processes
- 3+ years of web and/or software development experience
- knowledge of automated testing frameworks
- experience with dynamic public-facing web apps
- proven ability to deliver multiple projects over a period of time
- working knowledge of most of the stack of a large-scale web environment UNIX operating systems
- Web servers, proxies and load balancers
- Relevant server-side programming languages
- SQL and NoSQL database solutions
- Relevant client-side programming languages
- HTML and CSS
- Back-end and front-end performance considerations and scaling strategies
- maturity and good problem-solving skills
- excellent communicative skills and commitment to effective teamwork
- good command of English
- honesty, transparency and integrity
If you want to contribute to the cutting edge of Silicon Valley software development, please contact: