Lviv, Kharkiv, Ukraine
Senior Amazon Solutions Engineer
Waverley Software is looking for a Senior Amazon Solutions Engineer to automate the report generation process. Currently, our client’s system manually extracts data stored on AWS, runs it through a few Athena queries (to message the data and turn it into something our Tableau reports can accept), plugs the output into our Tableau report, and uploads the report onto the client’s Tableau server.
A new team member will need to know how to automate the process and build new Tableau reports.
Team Structure: Big Data Engineer will be working with Software Products Director and Chief Software Architect.
About our Client
The Client’s product gives you a complete, real-time picture of the customer’s journey in your locations that are at once measurable and actionable. Unlike beacons which can only sense the individual’s presence, our client’s platform’s high density, high coverage BLE positioning fabric can identify and give you pinpoint accuracy of every customer, for better insight into what products, services and staff they engaged with and for how long.
- 6+ years of commercial software development experience
- AWS Analytics tool expert
- Experience with EMR (Hadoop, Spark), Athena, Elasticsearch, Kinesis (including streams, firehose and analytics)
- Ability to choose the best EMR tool for the task and explain the choice
- High proficiency in Tableau
- Fluency with DynamoDB and S3 with EMR
- Experience reducing raw data to useful digests as defined by the product manager
- Experienced in analyzing massive amounts of spatial and temporal data
- Ability to produce resilient technical designs
- Strong oral and written communication skills (at least Intermediate level of English)
If you want to contribute to the cutting edge of Silicon Valley software development, please contact email@example.com