Remote / Kharkiv/ Lviv
Our client is a Smart terminals and open commerce platform provider based in the USA.
Customer’s real-time data pipeline ingests, normalizes, and aggregates billions of events from the apps and Smart Terminal, and deliver instant insights and trigger alerts on web/mobile apps for each of our customer types. They constantly tread the line between performance and scalability, using many different backend tools and optimizations to produce the most useful yet fastest interfaces and alerts.
We are looking for a mature, responsible, and team-oriented engineer to join the Android OS team. Since this is a remote position, good communications, and the willingness to work as a team are important. We are not looking for a rock star, but we believe that anyone can be a rockstar if given the chance. This position requires a breadth of skills and the desire to learn and pick up new skills.
The project will have a broad set of initiatives and these are the types of projects you will be working on. Though we are not looking for a full-stack engineer, there are opportunities to do work up and down the stack. So you won’t be stuck in one area and you will be able to move around.
- Android OS and Linux OS based device management. Opportunities to learn some key drivers and a surface-level enough to get key information and to deliver the info to a host server. From driver/RIL to OS to app services to cloud.
- Solving hard problems at the module levels of USB, telephony, wifi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Distributive OS automation.
- System tools for memory profiling, power management, memory leaks, etc.
- We’re starting to use Raspberry PI’s quite a bit for the work we’re doing.
- 4+ years of development experience
- Android programming concepts such as services, async tasks, fragments, threads, activities, AIDL, JNI.
- Must be able to work on devices and comfortable with HW, complex build systems.
- Solid computer science concepts: threads, processes, memory usage, OS, mutex/semaphores.
- Experienced with Java
- Ability to navigate large amounts of code.
- Be able to implement a simple new app from scratch with a few hours and do some basic prototyping. We are not looking for experts here, but a Hello World app should only take 15 minutes to set up and doing something interesting within 8 hours.
Nice to have:
- Basic to medium level scripting on Python, Bash. Need the ability to learn more to get the job done.
- C/C++ knowledge
- Experience with the AOSP build system or complex builds.
- Docker containers. Run builds, debugging, and to deploy simple services.