Lviv / Kharkiv / Remote
The client is a networking and integrated data services supplier who also provides telecommunications network solutions to service providers. The main clients – global payments and financial communities.
So we are looking for the Software Engineer who will be developing software and frameworks using C++/C on Linux/Unix platforms for telecommunications systems with experience in SS7/VoIP protocols, and LTE technologies. The development process is Agile, with Continuous Integration, and Continuous Testing.
- Designing, developing, and testing software applications for the telecommunication domain for network functions like – Network routing, Number Portability, Toll-free routing, Do Not Call, CNAM etc.
- The developer will be responsible for working with the Software Engineering Manager and Business Development group to help develop applications and infrastructure.
- Requirements interpretation, detailed design specifications, coding, unit testing, and maintenance of software modules for both new and existing systems.
- Design and document software components that meet organization and industry standards.
- Effectively participate in a team-oriented environment that involves continuous design reviews, code reviews, and collaboration.
- Actively work with Project Management and QA teams and produce technical documentation required by QA.
- Provide technical guidance and product expertise to Customer Delivery and Operations to resolve production issues.
- Follow established development processes for assigned projects.
- 8+ years of experience developing complex, reliable software systems using C++/C.
- Expertise in developing Telecom application using one or more of the following protocols:
1. SS7, M3UA, TCAP
2. AIN, IS41, MAP, INAP
3. SIP, ENUM, DIAMETER
- Expertise in OO Design and multithreaded applications for Linux/Unix/Solaris platforms.
- Expertise in designing and building carrier-grade Telecom applications.
- Experience in network programming using TCP/UDP/TLS/DTLS
- Experience with using STL, Boost libraries, and ACE framework for application development
- Experience with gdb and memory analysis/code coverage tools like Valgrind and Insure++.
- Experience working with third party protocol test tools like MGTS, INET, Spectra.
- Complete development life cycle experience from design through implementation.
- Proven track record of successfully designing and developing enterprise-class systems with stringent availability, performance and SLA requirements.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent in related fields
- At least intermediate English level (written and spoken)
- Experience with NFV and OpenStack technologies
- Experience with Database design – especially an in-memory database.
- Experience with Splunk, git, svn, JIRA, and Jenkins.
- Experience with IMS and 4G/LTE technologies
- Familiarity with shell scripting, Python and Perl
- Good verbal and written communication skills, good team player.
- Creative, flexible, and able to fill multiple functions within a development team.