Created a mobile version of a car retail service. The app can scan VIN-codes, extract the car info from the database and calculate the approximate price range.
VinTwin: Mobile Application with VIN-Scanner for Car Retail
VinTwin is an innovative purely Internet-based car dealer, founded in 2015 in Largo, Florida. VinTwin offers an online, pre-owned car buying experience. A special service finds the quality car of selected model and specifications without the overhead of a dealership, offering much lower prices than car stores and car auctions.
VinTwin turned to Waverley for our expertise in developing mobile apps. They had already had a web-based service, which they wanted to make available for mobile devices. Besides, they needed to add a new functionality. Their requirements:
- the app should support a large database of car models and other car information
- the ability to make calculations of the car price based on all information available
- VIN-code scanner, to scan and recognize each car’s individual number
A team of engineers at Waverley in close cooperation with the client developed a fast and responsive mobile solution to help VinTwin achieve their business objectives.
- Leveraging the possibilities of React Native Redux, the app integrates with the phone camera to scan the VIN-code and produce the car model based on it.
- The app allows users to select the quality of the car they are looking for as well as make, model, year, etc.
- We used API to enable data parcel and list formation.
Challenge: In order to enable the app to analyse available data and based on the results, calculate the approximate car price, Waverley engineers created a specific mathematical model. It processed all filled parameters and parceled the data to calculate the possible price range.
UI/UX specialists at Waverley suggested a colorful and responsive app design prototype, which was later extended and improved. Driven by easy navigation, simplicity and elegance, an exceptional user experience came out as a result.
Waverley team had weekly meetings with the client, discussing operational results. All bugs were found and fixed in a timely fashion, our QA engineer has rigorously tested each app unit.